This role will help build tools and automation that will be used to develop and test Intel’s Exascale storage stack based on the open source Distributed Asynchronous Object Storage (DAOS) software. The end-to-end I/O stack must be optimized to prevent a storage bottleneck as throughput and IOPS requirements increase substantially, and demand will only increase in the coming years as our ability to collect data is ever-increasing. We are looking for a software engineer who can build on the existing automated test tools and automation to deliver a framework that will be usable, easy to maintain and debug, and is flexible enough to support distributed tests from multiple projects within the organization.
• Independently diagnose, design, and implement solutions to complex technical challenges around developer and test engineer productivity and velocity.
• Own and develop test tools and automation for an organization of 40+.
• Drive best practices, improving code health and maintainability.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help developers learn and diagnose problems adding tests utilizing our test framework.
tware projects (i.e., drivers, system software, software products, software services, etc.). Requires expertise in software development, networking and operating system intervals.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or Equivalent
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
• Strong programming skills in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Experience with software debugging.
• Experience in at least two of the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, distributed testing, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks.
• Linux debugging and administration.
• Programming experience in Python and/or C.
• Architectural knowledge of scalable distributed system architectures.
• Knowledge of I/O and network benchmarking and stress testing tools and techniques.
• Good understanding of file system fundamentals.
• Proven skills in developing automated test infrastructure in the past.
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies