Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You have experience in networking and telecommunications. You have experience building large-scale systems in an enterprise environment, and have implemented automated solutions to manage virtualized infrastructure across all of its lifecycle stages.
You view run book instructions as code that just hasn't been written. Quality is foremost on your mind, and test driven development is your starting point. You think about how to manage systems in mass and to auto-remediate configuration drift.
You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure.
You’re passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job, not their computing environment. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions. You have a passion for designing and building cloud-computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
You’re an Amazonian.
· Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
· Extensive scripting abilities with Python, Perl or another language
· Strong working knowledge of object-oriented programming
· Experience developing and supporting operationally critical services
· Experience building and supporting IT solutions in a Linux-based, enterprise environment, including provisioning, patching, configuration, and performance management
· Solid grasp of deep TCP/IP OSI-model networking concepts
· Working knowledge of telecommunications technologies and protocols such as SIP, RTP, DNS, DHCP, security best practices, and videoconferencing
· 5+ years telecommunications or voice network administration experience
· 5+ years managing large-scale enterprise or carrier hosted VoIP and/or video platforms
· Experience with AWS technologies or similar platforms
· Additional programming knowledge in Go or Java is helpful
· Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions.
· Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other configuration management platforms
· Experience with Terraform, Cloudformation, or other infrastructure definition and templating applications
· Experience working within Agile frameworks
· Experience working with carriers to provision, install, and operate both voice and data networks
· Working knowledge of TDM, H.323, BGP, OSPF, and telecommunications fundamentals