Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
· Develop a standard business case / TCO framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by WWPS Sales, BD and Marketing teams.
· Able to negotiate public sector deals from a business desk perspective (legal, contract, business, and etc.)
· Bring the various stakeholders including but not limited to Sales, Contracts, Finance, Legal, Security and Compliance to close custom deals.
· Assist with complex contract negotiations and manage the approval process, including liaising with involved internal groups such as Legal, Finance, etc.
· Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
· Create a repository of Cloud Economic cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS.
· Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers.
· Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud when compared to a traditional data center environment.
· In conjunction with Training, help create cloud economics related training programs and material for WWPS sales, AWS partners, and AWS customers themselves so that they can properly address TCO and economic-related issues
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on TCO related issues.
· 7-10 years of business development and IT management or management consulting experience.
· BA/BS degree in Operations, Finance, or Economics.
· Proficiency in Excel Modeling.
· Prior experience working with senior IT executives, IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructures
· Knowledge of scripting SQL and reporting off of production Databases.
· Detailed financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments, including baselining the total cost of ownership, detailed scenario analysis and functionality tradeoffs.
· Management or Financial Advisory Consulting background highly desired
· Experience building out or migrating IT infrastructure or managing data centers is highly desired.
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles.
· Knowledge VBA, Redshift, and database design, is a plus.
· The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
· Will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments.
· Must exhibit ownership and ability to dive deep into details.– This is a hands-on role.
· Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Must have a demonstrated ab