Why it matters: Amazon has thousands of unique services, both big and small that power the Retail website (Amazon.com), Amazon Web Services, Kindle, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Android AppStore, CloudDrive, and more. These services run on hardware around the world. We need to add to it, and as the hardware ages we need to refresh it, with newer, more efficient and cost effective hardware. Your work will drive efficiency and significant cost savings while improving the performance and reliability of our websites and services. The program touches development teams around the company; making the processes as efficient and painless as possible keeps the developers focused on creating great new products for our customers.
Why you’ll love it: You’ll have exposure to teams and leaders across the entire company. You’ll see all aspects of the Amazon business. You will have a chance to shape infrastructure product development and strategy. You’ll learn how our websites and services work. You’ll have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to improve things for our developers. You’ll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You’ll have ownership, not just responsibility for defining and executing processes that deliver both savings and productivity for Amazon.
- The candidate will have solid technical abilities; a BS in the field of engineering, understanding of and experience working with x86 servers hardware and firmware architecture.
- -The candidate has minimum five years of experience working as product manager. Working with demanding customers.Candidate exhibits customer obsession.
--Requires an MBA degree and business experience and understanding including working with financial models. Candidate can build them as needed;
- Candidate has understanding of program management principles
- The candidate will be proficient with the statistical analysis of large datasets.
- The candidate will be familiar with, and passionate about, the web services and cloud computing approaches to developing Internet technology.
-Experience with project management tools.
-Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business.