This role requires a leader who can be inventive and fearless while balancing operational excellence and program success. Ownership will include the customer engagement with internal and external design communities and the overall customer experience with respect to strategic design programs. The Education Program Manager will have an opportunity to impact the way Amazon Web Services engages with the EMEA education community by experimenting with applied models, programming in cloud computing.
The successful program manager can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. While this individual may or may not be steeped in AWS and the Cloud, he/she should be technically strong and have significant experience with technical subject matter.
Some of the key job functions:
· Own the credit bearing program strategy; Engage educational partners across academic tiers and understand patterns in knowledge gaps, and provide thought leadership for proposed programs and curriculum
· Coordinate, meet with and collect learning requirements from educational partners.
· Regularly collect information about program implementation and the program needs of educational partners to support the successful adoption and implementation of AWS in the classroom.
· Work jointly with the content team, to drive partners’ curriculum teams to build and prioritize content development and implementation.
· Study competitive partner academic programs and design AWS Educate credit bearing programming to be a competitive lever for educational partners.
· Ability to confidently present in settings of up to 100 or more individuals
· Manage program deliverables within budgetary, resource and scheduling requirements against defined project milestones and deadlines; and
· Be the voice of the customer, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our content offering.
· Travel up to 30%, domestic and EMEA-wide, and sometimes on short notice
· Proven experience in learning and development, partner enablement-related position, or equivalent
· Demonstrable experience working with post-secondary faculty and leadership and technical staff in academic program development and implementation
· Experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial startup and/or corporate culture
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
· Fluency in English language
· MBA or equivalent degree preferred
· Communication and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust up, down, and across the company.
· Experience influencing product or service development
· Experience with Salesforce
· Fluency in another European language