Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure of web services in the cloud (“cloud computing”). AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform. AWS’ growth is driving a rapid expansion of its’ AWS Marketplace customers and is looking for an experienced Lead to design and manage Marketplace Field Sales enablement.
As a Lead of Marketplace Field Sales Enablement, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape a global strategy to help Account Managers, Customer Advisors (CA) and BD enable customers to transform using the AWS Marketplace. Your responsibilities will include 1/ developing an enablement strategy for Sales, CA & BD roles, 2/ partnering with functional teams (Customer Advisors, Account Managers, WW Enablement etc.) to develop/mature execution plans, 3/ defining measurement mechanisms to track progress against plan, and 4/ developing well researched, data driven recommendations for new initiatives and investments, or improving/retiring existing mechanisms. Success of the Marketplace Lead will be defined by the ability to improve related readiness and productivity for the Field Sales, CA and BD.
The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of sales, field enablement in a large organization, sales and marketing dynamics with the ability to map field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive technical sales productivity and readiness plan. You will need a strong analytical acumen, synthesis, structuring, and problem solving skills to translate ambiguous and often incomplete information into action plans and insights. You must be very comfortable with leading and influencing cross functional global teams in dynamic organizations as most of your responsibilities will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS.
Role & Responsibilities
· Build and define learning paths for onboarding and ever-boarding training programs across audiences.
· Translate business needs into a sales productivity and readiness plan. Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with internal resources then create, manage, and lead the successful execution of cross-functional programs.
· Drive execution of the various onboarding and always-boarding initiatives and programs.
· Design and implement metrics to measure training programs and impact, effectiveness and appropriateness.
· Continually assess readiness gaps in your areas, and work with the appropriate stakeholders to quickly develop the right initiatives and programs to close them.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business or information systems field, or equivalent experience. MBA is a strong plus.
· Minimum 6+ years of Sales and Sales Enablement experience in large organizations, with increasing influence and responsibility.
· Program management with excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
· Business analysis, along with functional and technical experience, including requirements gathering, and creating and deploying solutions to end users.
· Demonstrated strategic thinking, thought leadership and business judgment.
· Successful history of global and cross-functional collaboration, teamwork, interpersonal