Are you fascinated by other languages and cultures? Do you enjoy having a direct impact on customers around the world? Do you have a strong technical background and love finding creative technical solutions to challenging problems?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is continuing to lead the way in cloud computing technology. The AWS Localization team supports our expanding international customer base by making AWS resources - websites, documentation, software, digital media assets available to them in their local language and adapted for their culture.
AWS is looking for an experienced Program Manager who has localization domain knowledge to help us expand and improve a broad range of collatorals. The successful candidate will be able to:
· Manage and own traditional localization program management tasks, such as, working with stakeholders to define localization scope and coordinate with language service providers (loc vendors), prepare localization handoffs and handbacks, and manage the localization process and support deployment of localized assets but not limited to technical and non-technical localization production tasks.
· Strive to dive deep and eager to become the subject matter expert when encountering new tools and technology
· Work with content creators, customer strategy owners, content infrastructure teams to define and streamline processes upstream and drive internationalization best practice.
· Work closely with AWS localization engineering staff, as well as product and infrastructure engineers, owning the end to end localization process automation program management. This includes driving delivery schedule, requirements gathering from stakeholders, writing specs and hosting spec reviews, and UAT, etc.
· Design and implement “creative solutions” to improve the localization process.
· Work with corporate and international partners to understand and address localization pain points.
· 6+ years experience in Program Management
· 4+ years experience working in the localization field, or closely partner with and participate in localization and internationalization related work/activities
· Excellent English-language communication skills, both written and verbal
· Detail oriented, strong problem-solving, and organizational skills
· Good understanding of markup languages (html, XML, etc)
· Experience with process automation
· Creating and managing KPIs
· Good understanding of localization CAT tool design and concept
· Hands-on experience with WorldServer, Trados, and other localization platforms & tools
· Can work independently, resourceful, and superb research and problem solving ability
· Hands-on content tracking experience, including source assets and loc asset relationship tracking through relevant metadata
· Ability to comfortably and competently communicate technical concepts with engineers (coding is not required)
· Experience localizing or working with multi-media, training content and training management systems
· Globalization experience, especially content and/or software globalization design
· Fluency in at least one additional (human) language
· Hands-on experience as a translator is a plus
· Experience in people management
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent