Key responsibilities include
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting, evaluating, deploying, and documenting data management and business intelligence systems, enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Building secure, available, scalable, stable, and cost-effective data solutions using data storage technologies, distributed file system, data processing, and business intelligence best practices.
- Working with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Designing and planning for solutions in the various engineering subject areas as it relates to data storage and movement solutions: data warehousing, enterprise system data architecture, data design (e.g., Logical and Physical Modeling), data persistence technologies, data processing, data management, and data analysis.
- Ensuring completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
- Reviewing and participating in testing of the data design, tool design, data extracts/transforms, networks and hardware selections
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and solid years of relevant experience.
- A strong grasp of SQL and at least one scripting or programming language.
- 8+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, data modeling, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures and hands-on SQL coding.
- 4+ years of large IT project delivery for BI oriented projects.
- 4+ years of working with very large data warehousing environment
- Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
- Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases - Redshift, Teradata etc
- Experience with distributed systems and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Spark, Scala and more!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong analytical skills