At VMware the EUC solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ for our customers, including technologies focused on improving end users’ productivity and mobility, mitigating excessive costs, and to securely enable a user to be able to work on any device from anywhere within the context of a "digital workspace"
This role will be responsible for driving the End User Computing portfolio into the top accounts in the General Business segment. The individual will have direct reports in the key markets across EMEA, holding sales quota for all EUC solutions. Success for the individual will include:
Developing a team of skilled sales specialists, based across the European theatre, to maximise the opportunity across GB To deliver growth in the size and number of large deals in the GB sales segment To deliver growth in Horizon and Workspace One solutions
The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated proficiency as a leader of individual contributors in a professional sales environment. Personal sales and relationship building credibility is a must, together with a significant track record of accomplishments selling in the commercial market.
- Lead the field sales specialist team, define the quota, assist in the creation of account development plans, ensure that sales workload is prioritized, assist team members in the development and closure of opportunities, track performance of team members closely, ensure total customer satisfaction with VMware's commercial activity.
- Coach and develop the team in order to accelerate their success. Guide and co-ordinate personal development plans, training, provide career planning, conduct regular “check in’s”, coach and counsel team members’ day to day for their professional growth.
- Forecast and deliver bookings in region, driving directly the larger opportunities by staying very active in the field and working closely with the team members. This will be focused at delivering the EUC Desktop business, including Workspace One Enterprise.
- Co-ordinate demand generation activities with the marketing team
- Create direct and strategic relationships with senior decision makers within the focus and top accounts.
- Leverage business generated by partners with end customers, and build relationships with partners to scale the business.
- Use a solution-selling approach; orchestrate resources external to the team, particularly channel partners through which most sales will be fulfilled.
- Build relationships and work with the core sales leaders to drive growth of EUC adoption in their account plans and campaigns.
- Experience leading field sales professionals and delivering growth in an Enterprise Software organisation
- Strong people management skills including: hiring, developing, motivating and retaining high calibre people, with an ability to manage any performance shortfall.
- Energetic and high impact management style.
- Strong knowledge of consultative selling to get results.
- Proven relationships in large accounts, and an ability to develop new customers.
- Proven skills within the given territory, selling channel and direct.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Signficnat travel in EMEA expected