• Strong working knowledge and experience on Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols)
• Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc)
• Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms. Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions and notify management and Program Office with risk potential and impact assessments
• Management of circuits (T1 - 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks
• Work very closely with Federal government NOC customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network management requirements and protocols.
• Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly
• Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters
• Participate as a Lead/SME to select customers to participate in regular customer meetings, procedural reviews, audits, and other functions
• Review and interpret EDPs and as-built engineering documentation
• Coordinate and track RMA requests, including vendor interface to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
• Minimum of 5+ years experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS
• Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent
• Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
• Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred.
• Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems. Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput. Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
• Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management
• Ability to relate technical issues to management and Gov't personnel
• Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran)
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians
• Previous experience with Gov't networks and customers. Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential
• Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative
• Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience. Seven or more years applicable work experience
Associates or Equivalent