Blank making Process Engineer Works with other team members to solve difficult technical, engineering related problems. Supports or leads continuous improvement activities, new product or process introductions, and cost reduction projects. Supports drive to fundamental process understanding and lowest cost producer objectives. Supports the development and execution of plans to evaluate new technology or improvements in existing technology resulting in a superior product in terms of quality and/or cost.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide engineering-level production support to manufacturing operation.
• Solve process issues through data analysis, experimentation, and collaboration with subject matter experts.
• Provide engineering expertise for fundamental understanding of manufacturing issues.
• Provide trend analysis of key metrics and implement response plans.
• Lead and/or provide support for projects involving cost reduction, process optimization, and new products/processes.
• Actively engage in plant safety initiatives and projects.
• Recommend/implement improvements to processes and equipment.
• Identify chronic issues and recommend corrective actions.
• Provide leadership or support for startup of new equipment lines.
• Develop and update engineering and operations documentation.
• Provide training for operations workforce regarding equipment or operations changes.
Travel Requirements: Less than 5%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 8-10 hours/day; 40-50 hours/week. This position requires off-hours coverage on nights and weekends on a rotating basis with co-workers.
• BS or MS in the following Engineering Disciplines: Chemical, Materials, Mechanical, or Ceramic Engineering
• 3+ years of engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly.
• Creative/innovative problem solving.
• Strong technical fundamentals with process engineering skills.
• Strong data analysis and statistical skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access (queries, databases).
• Experience with experimental design.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work on an independent basis in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively on all levels of an organization.
• Six Sigma Greenbelt certification.
• Cost/benefit analysis experience
• Project management experience.
• Experience with statistical packages such as Minitab.
• Ability to work within a team and provide training to others
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.