Role purpose: Responsible for OSS support and continuous improvement, according to Vodafone Netherlands requirements and needs.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Administer some OSS critical applications for Vodafone Netherlands
• Perform fault handling and implement corrective actions by having direct contact with 3rd parties (hardware or software vendors) to ensure problems are solved within the expected time frames.
• Apply daily routine monitoring and health checks on the OSS systems
• Participate in new projects activities, by providing input, implementing or verifying improvements in processes and work instructions, verifying configuration changes.
• Interact with customer technical staff, NOC engineers, operation managers and other groups within Service Delivery organization.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience [max 5]:
• Detailed knowledge of OSS & Tools monitoring systems (OSS-RC, Nagios, Solarwinds, Spectrum, Netscout, etc.)
• Detailed knowledge of Operation Systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UNIX) and Database Administration (SQL, Oracle)
• Proficient with virtualization technologies: VmWare vSphere/ESX, etc.
• Shell Scripting skills.
• ITIL knowledge.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Computer Science MSc degree or equivalent
• More than 3 years of experience in a telco environment, performing similar functions, including specific training.
• Linux/Unix System administration skills
• Ability to work across multi-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver results and change.
• ITIL Certification or deep know-how.