About the role
We are looking for an experienced Technical Services professional with mechanical, electrical and sustainability expertise. This role would plan, implement and manage all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications and assist with energy management initiatives as directed by the sustainability team based in our global HQ, San Francisco.
Initially, the role will oversee allU.K leased sites but with scope to assist the EMEA Real Estate team on future EMEA based projects and offer support as the technical services subject matter expert to our office managers based throughout EMEA. The ideal candidate will be excited to seek out new opportunities to create operational efficiencies, harness cutting edge technologies, and engage property management and occupants.
This position will report to the ‘Manager, Workplace Services UK’. As the role grows, there will be scope to work closely with the EMEA Real Estate Project Management Team, Workplace Services Teams across our EMEA sites & the Salesforce Sustainability/Green Team group based in San Francisco.
Other responsibilities include
• Oversee day-to-day facilities engineering operations to effectively control all leased sites to achieve operational efficiency
• Own and manage the relationship with Landlords technical teams where we use their preferred service providers
• Develop and provide ongoing improvement of preventive maintenance and engineering procedures, preventive maintenance programs, budget operating costs, estimates and comparisons
• Oversee all tenant building systems including fire/life safety, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends
• Manage all facets of inspections and surveys, including energy audits, LEED surveys, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, and accessibility compliance
• Develop specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts – working to move away from Landlord service providers in London and work closely with Procurement on the RFP to move to a self-supporting model
• Manage the dedicated team of M&E specialists when a self-supporting model is in place
• Challenge our incumbent M&E provider on level of service and value for money where 3rd party sub- contractors are used to maintain our plant
• Analyse data and identifies replacement, repair and maintenance challenges. Share opportunities with the team to research, test and measure and improve facilities programs
• Open lines of communication with building Landlords to ensure details of servicing and maintenance to critical building plant is shared with Salesforce
• Influence global design guidelines, including local regulations, specifications and basis of design for various building systems
• Benchmark and assess facilities building energy, water, waste – sharing with Sustainability teams where required
• Identify areas of risk and opportunity related to emissions, energy, water, waste, human health, etc.
• Monitor office energy and water usage to identify trends to help drive efficiency and sync with Green Building Program Manager on strategy
• Identify out-of-the-box solutions to ongoing operational and environmental challenges
• Demonstrate environmental and financial advantages of green building features to key business partners, especially