Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Working with a team of researchers to analyze the vulnerabilities of control plane protocols for different types of wireless radios, including 802.11 and LTE.
• Developing techniques to detect and mitigate attacks against these protocols.
• Developing simulations of these protocols and conducting performance assessments of the developed technologies.
• Implementing these defense techniques on relevant radios and conducting field experimentation.
• Performing scientific experiments, investigations, observations and related research studies into the nature and operation of wireless networks, using the scientific methods.
• Participating in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications.
• Co-authoring conference and journal publications describing research results.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (prefer graduate degree)
• Strong hands-on programming skills with implementation experience in C and Java.
• Knowledge of wireless networking protocols and IP networking.
• Excellent communication skills.
• U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
• Demonstrated experience with modeling and simulation tools such as ns-2, ns-3, OPNET, QualNet, EMANE, and with Linux testbeds.
• Experience with statistical data analysis.
• Experience with communications security.
• Familiarity with commercial wireless technologies such as 802.11 and LTE.