As an Information Security (IS) Solution SE, you will participate in the development of multi-year account plans for complex, strategic accounts, with an ability to act as the field engineering team lead on projects impacting the overall organization. You will also act as the customer’s primary point of contact for the entire sales lifecycle for the Symantec Security suite. As the point of contact, you will proactively develop technical relationships at all levels of the account, ranging from system administrators to senior executives. You will need to understand key business needs, assist in mapping those needs to Symantec solutions, and drive identified opportunities toward technical closure. IS Solution SEs also require significant industry knowledge and credibility within the competitive landscape, and must have the ability and confidence to influence customer decisions.
Your responsibilities include: helping to identify new opportunities, collaborating with sales peers to qualify opportunities, and driving the technical close process on all relevant Security solutions. Solution SEs must also coordinate with Marketing and Sales to ensure that Symantec and Bluecoat initiatives are timely and appropriate for current end user and/or market demand. Additionally, the Solution SE is responsible for ensuring partner satisfaction regarding technical aspects of end-user, partner-led initiatives.
• Articulate the overall Symantec Bluecoat Information Security value proposition, vision and strategy to customers and partners
• Map customer IT strategies to technical requirements and then to workable Symantec & Bluecoat solution architectures
• Architect the solution through to implementation planning
• Collaboratively develop and articulate an end-to-end solution design, inclusive of consulting, support and education
• Provide focused leadership across technology area to drive initiatives with virtual teams in Area
• Translate customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions
• Explain to the customer the complete solution deployment lifecycle
• Identify and execute assessment-led selling opportunities
• Solution selling of all offerings within the Symantec Security Portfolio
• Perform essential sizing, tuning and configuration, and recommend solution best practices
• Provide customer with complete solution designs which may include 3rd-party products
• Articulate and document how Symantec solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors
• Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and credibility
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• 5 + years of successful technical systems and sales engineering experience in the security, security consulting and/or data protection industry.
• Specific experience in assessing customers' technical maturity against their defined goals and matching those assessments to solutions which meet or exceed client expectations
• Knowledge of IPSec, SSL, and VPN-based technologies.
• Detailed knowledge of the Security Industry.
• Experience with LAN/WAN/WLAN (802.11) networking design, connectivity, routing and switching protocols.
• Security Certifications such as CISSP and GIAC strongly preferred.